Updated 22nd October 2018
As a sole trader, I respect the privacy of everyone I come into contact with, both in person, online or in writing. Any personal details you choose to share with me are only collected with your explicit consent. They are used only to share details of exhibitions, artworks, events, special offers or other products and services I offer or that I feel may be of interest to you.
I never share, sell or otherwise distribute your details with any third party.
This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, artists, contacts and all other persons about whom Oliver Doe holds information. By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use and store.
In this policy, ‘I’, ‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’ means Oliver Doe, based at The NewBridge Project, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6NE, and ‘you’ means the individual to whom the information relates.
Information I may collect:
- your name;
- your contact information such as your mailing address, email address or telephone number;
- when browsing our site, your IP address, your browser type and language;
- information related to your attendance of or interest in Oliver Doe’s events, exhibitions or other activities
- information about you that you give us in person at my studio, workshop, galleries, or elsewhere, by filling in forms on my site https://oliverdoe.com (my site) (e.g. the contact us section or to sign up to our mailing list) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- information in relation to your purchase of art work or use of our services, including picture framing, exhibitions, artwork repair, or any other service we have agreed with you
How we may collect information about you:
- collecting information you give to us when you purchase any art work or visit my studio, my exhibitions, online enquiries, email enquiries, telephone enquiries, or postal enquiries;
- your use of the forms on our website (e.g. the contact us section or to sign up to our mailing list);
- information you give us verbally, such as requesting to join our mailing list, where explicit consent has been given to store or use your information
What we do with the information we gather:
- provide information about our exhibitions and services to you;
- keep you informed about exhibitions, specific artworks, relevant gallery events and any other services I offer that we think you may find interesting;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- for direct communication with you;
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- for security and to check your identity
Our responsibilities to you:
- keep our site and data storage safe and secure;
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- to be transparent in our interactions with you and the use of any information you share with us
Legal basis for processing:
- Our processing of your personal information may be necessary for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts, such as obtaining quotes for services or carrying out work on your behalf which may involve a third party;
- For the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by us (where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on Gallagher & Turner and our activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; and (iv) to help us improve our marketing activity)
Sharing your information:
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with access to our services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
We may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so;
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- to restrict processing of your personal data;
- to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances;
- to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation
We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address email@example.com
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about Gallagher & Turner events, exhibitions, services and works of art. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time, details of how to unsubscribe will be included on each electronic mailing we send you.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
How long will we keep Your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will erase your details from our database to the best of our ability.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, in writing or in person from you.
Links to Other Sites
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.
This policy was last updated on 22nd October 2018.